Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Shot


Okay, my launch controller is a two-handed affair, so the only ways I've had of getting the shot of the rocket at ignition have been hampered by that. Still, plenty of times in the past year and a half, I've tried to get that shot, when my kids or some kid who came over to watch was pushing the buttons.





So at the KCAR club launch, we were using the club's big-ass launch controller, which uses a big car battery. This means ignition actually happens (usually) right when the button is pushed. And you can do this with one hand, which leaves a hand to hold the camera, if you're the one pushing the button.



So I was real proud of Apollo ½'s pic I got last week.



But today, with the better launch controller, and my much freer hands, I got the shot a ridiculous number of times.





I even got this one failing on takeoff.

No comments: