Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Soirée



Is it a dinner party just because we ate dinner? When I picture a dinner party, first off, there are no children. Maybe it's like with cocktail parties: I've been to parties where cocktails were served, but I've never been to a party that matches the mental (John Cheever) image of a cocktail party.



Whatever it's called, I feel really lucky to have this group of friends that have been friends since high school. Before that, really. I wasn't quite in high school I met them, and I think I may be one of the last additions to the circle that isn't accounted for by a marriage. I think this is because the others all agreed that if I was indicative of a trend, they couldn't really afford to chance another.





Ted made balloon animals for the honyocks. Well, he made Mo into a balloon animal, actually, by making her a unicorn.





Oh, and everybody took pictures of everybody.

No comments: