Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Free Will Redux



We tried, once again, to see Romeo & Juliet in the park for free. With it just being Mo, I figured I could focus on her squirrelly ways without also having Em whining about us being there at all.



She was pretty excited when we got there. 'Do you want to go in and see the play?' I asked. 'Yup!' she said. In hindsight, when I said, 'Do you want to go in and see the play?' she heard, 'Let's carry our canvas chairs down there and buy ice cream!'



We took our canvas chairs and walked a long ways. We were late, again, but I didn't really think she'd sit through the whole thing.

She did really well at sitting quietly for about fifteen minutes.



Then she started trying to grab my camera. I'm still not comfy letting her use my camera since the demise of my old camera. I haven't worn the new off of it yet.



Then she said, 'Ice Cream, mmmmm-Hmmmm.'

And I said, 'No, not tonight. Watch the play.'



At which point she started doing her Xena war cry whine. Time to pack up the canvas chairs and head to the car. I know it's a free play, and it's outside and so subject to the noises of a city, but no one should have to listen to that whine.



I know, buying ice cream at the Friday Flick set me up for this. We were once again in a crowd of people on a lawn in canvas chairs, all the signs were pointing to a cup of Sheridan's.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

That's pretty cool that they do that stuff in the park there. Looks like a lot of people attended. Maybe next time pack a snack to take a long?