Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crap-On, Crap-Off, The Crapper!

This does, I think, take the prize for the most unusual bird we've launched in the illustrious history of the Lobstered Space Program.



This is an Estes kit Em has been begging me to do for months. Every trip to Hobby Haven, even if I'm just going for centering rings or recovery wadding, she'd notice it and ask.



And it's not an expensive kit, so I guess it was inevitable that I'd try it out. I was about as enticed as Em was anyway, and not just because of the scatological humor of it, but because I'd wondered about building rockets with body shapes other than round. In particular, doing four flat sides with a gabled roof nose cone. Maybe as the house from Wizard of Oz.

It's neat, but the nose cone (roof) seperated from it when the recovery charge blew, and the hard landing that resulted busted off a fin. I'll see if I can re-glue it.

No comments: