Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Où ta vache?

The headline phrase here, is French for 'Where is your cow?' This is one of the only French phrases I've ever learned (I also know how to proposition a woman in bad Disco-speak French, but it's never worked).

Actually, I can sort of have the exchange with Em: 'Where is your cow?' 'In the swimming pool?' 'No, in the field.'



Anyway...

We had this rocking horse. It was cute, it looked like this:

Then Mo stripped off its cover a couple of years ago, and it was just this naked yellow plastic rocking thing.

Then she got the handlebars worked off of it, and she started putting shit in it. Parts from dolls, the nose pillows from my CPAP, pencils, food, etc.

It was nasty. Really nasty.

Still, she liked to rock on it, standing on it, leaning on it, etc. It was fun to fonch around on, even if she did outgrow it years ago.



But it started to smell. Too many chicken nugget bits. Plus, the nose pillows thing pissed me off. They're expensive, even if they shouldn't be (it's a tiny bit of rubber they charge like $58 for), and hard to get in a hurry.



I finally quit meaning to throw it out and did so. I'm so relieved.

Où ta vache?
Dans la décharge, où il condamne bien appartient.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the disposal where it belongs condemned?

Chixulub said...

Well, that's free online translations for you: I typed in (in English) 'In the landfill, where it belongs' and that's what I got.