Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Nelson



Okay, I realize this is an excessive number of pictures to post. It's not entirely indiscriminate: I've omitted several dozen that didn't turn out so good, also several that were basically repeats of shots I blogged last time we did the Nelson.






We got there an hour before they opened, so we had plenty of time to scope out the oustide. And roll down hills.







The new addition isn't open yet, but it's built, and it is massive. Most of it's underground, as far as I can tell, yet what sticks up is still massive. Something like 165,000 square feet more museum.







Em said she was hungry by the time we got in, so I decided we could get a snack in the Roselle Court restaurant. This is not, really, a cheap place to eat, but I wasn't hungry, Mo claimed not to be, and Em doesn't eat much even when she is.







Then I saw the menu and was convinced there wasn't a thing on it Em would east except maybe the mixed fruit.

Then Em decided she wanted to try the Atlantic Salmon BLT.




This is an $8.50 sandwich, so I'm thinking, okay, we'll split it three ways. Also thinking the honyocks will consider it such an obvious attempt to poison them that I'll end up eating the whole thing, hungry or not.




And I got a bowl of mixed fruit, but then Mo spotted the chocolate pie.

'Chocolate pie,' she sang.



When I didn't answer her, she sang louder, 'Chocolate pie! Chocolate Pie!'





She was singing it sweetly, not a demand, more a plaintive wish. How could I say no?




It wasn't so bad, cost-wise. I mean, if we each grabbeda sandwich, a side and a dessert, it would have been like $60, but this was doable.



And to my astonishment, Em ate quite a bit of the sandwich. Mo had a bit, but she was there for the pie.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

Great pictures! I love the birdie pic where it looks like its flying in the air.

and you should know-there's always room for pie!