Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Autumn Leaves


We went to the Nebraska Covet Mart in the morning. The key to happiness, I sometimes think, is to not see shit like this. Seeing cool walnut sleigh beds is bound to make your propped up camping mattress seem somehow sub-standard.



Okay, maybe it is, but I can buy like twenty camping mattresses for the price of one 'sleep number' bed that is basically the same thing.

You covet what you see, like Hannibal Lecter said.

I don't, however, covet the refrigerator with a TV in the door. I'm not making this up, but it's so far beyond fucked up, I can't believe it happened even in America.



Then we came home and made pizza, watched the Chiefs do rightly proud against the Rams (while apparently crippling every starter we have), and raked leaves.



A lot of leaves.



By the time it got dark, I had filled three trash bags plus a couple of cans from the mulcher and I can't even tell I'd been out there as far as the way the yard looks. What I get for having umpteen trees. They haven't even dropped all their leaves yet.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

OMG..that's alot of work. AND LEAVES!