Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lighting Up


Okay, I've never been good about putting up Christmas lights and decorations. This was something I traditionally stepped out of the way of my ex and let her do. Or, perhaps, I slacked off until she had no choice but to do it.



But Mo, in particular, just loves Christmas, the lights, the decorations, all of it. Today she was prancing through the house exclaiming 'It's snowing!' even though it wasn't, just out of wishful thinking.



Plus, I wouldn't want her to entertain fantasies that maybe Santa doesn't come to my house in the post-divorce world.



I thought I'd get purple lights, but I didn't see any at the Stuff-Mart. Then I saw these pepper swags and strings of pepper lights, and I was like, well, why not red? I was feeling monochromatic, I guess.



I'm not fully done: I'm minus an extension chord to light up everything I strung today and I have an idea that I'll use the wire frame from my 'Vote No' signs to run a few more from the yard stake outlets.



Despite my Scroogish tendencies, I enjoyed it. Mo enjoyed it, too, playing outside (in bare feet, it's been awfully good weather this week).



I fired up the grill to burn some cruelty patties (that's beef for you non-PETA types). Got a good shot of the fire, too. And of Mo dancing around the fire.



Maybe at some point I'll get a ladder so all my Christmas lights aren't at the level I can reach standing on the ground.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

The weather in the midwest has been great the past few days hasn't it? we're putting up our lights today. I can't wait!

That my friend was a fire! Burgers on the grill in almost December...whoda thunk that huh?