Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Transylvania Barbie

I remember hearing that Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for Dracula, posted the heads of victims on posts lining the roads in his neighborhood. Or maybe it was hole bodies, can't recall for sure. This was in addition to liking to drink their blood, take baths in it, just think of the bloodborne pathogens he exposed himself to. I know, they didn't have HIV back then, but still, a marvel he didn't get Hepatitis or something.

Anyway, our house is, for Barbie Dolls, kind of like living under Vlad's rein, except naked.

There's TONS of Barbies and TONS of Barbie clothes in our house, but our daugthers both seem to prefer them nekkid. Mo also likes to cut hair (her own, her dolls, her sister's dolls, etc).

I came home from work today, and there was a headless barbie dangling from twine over the stairs to the basement. This isn't necessarily a comforting sight, I just finished reading 'We Need to Talk About Kevin,' so if one of my daughters was to go Columbine someday, I'm sure this would look like a missed warning sign.

Wish I'd taken a picture of it. I have tis one, from when Em was lining up the Barbies for a Music Hall number...

1 comment:

j_ay said...

I now await a report that your counter is keywording “Erotic Nekkid Barbie” and the like…