Search Lobsterland

Friday, August 26, 2005

CPR and Paris Hilton

Tomorrow morning I go in for CPR/First Aid class. I've taken this every two years since before I had a heart attack of my own.

One of the rare occasions I let TV take over, I watched the 'Simple Life,' where Paris Hilton and this ugly chick who has some pop-singer affiliation, they had to pretend to 'work.' I don't know if you've seen this particular abortion of a TV show, but they're pretty bad at 'work.'

In the episode I was victimized by, they played firefighter. Carrying hose up flights of stairs, I can see a civilian not being up to that. For that matter, I've known some firefighters who would get infarcted if they had to do it again.

But they did CPR training, and as someone who has been in cardiac arrest, someone who's relied on a combination of unlikely luck, CPR training and medical professionals to bring me back... Seeing Paris Hilton getting CPR training, I had a visceral reaction, waves of nausea, tightness in my chest, light-headedness. Because despite her good looks and money, the idea that if I had another attack, my life could in any way ride on this entitled cunt...

I shudder. Paris Hilton is the sort of person who makes me question my assertion that human life deserves protection until it commits a crime that exceeds its value (such as performing abortions or running a Fortune 500 company into bankruptcy for profit).

1 comment:

j_ay said...

I shudder. Paris Hilton is the sort of person who makes me question my assertion that human life deserves protection until it…

I feel the same way. And I’m barely exposed to her over here. But I feel this way about 99% of “celebrities” and probably 95% of ‘normal’ people.

commits a crime that exceeds its value (such as performing abortions or…

Abortion aint a crime…