Search Lobsterland

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ruckus



There was a ruckus on my street St Patrick's Day. Can I describe the ruckus? Not adequately.

Em told me there were firetrucks down the street. Then that there were all the firetrucks int he world down the street, and I grabbed my camera and went down to see what was up (much to Em's humiliation and shame).



I've been through a housefire, a minor one I put out myself with a fire extinguisher. I think we had two trucks and some cop cars show up for that.

From the outside, the house with the fire couldn't be much worse off than mine was. Maybe, smoke gets everywhere, and if it was a kitchen fire (ours was in the living room), it could be more serious without showing on the outside.



But the response... All of the city's DPS firetrucks and cars, some County Sheriff's cars, all the Fire District One trucks and one from Fire District Two. I'd think you'd have to have a full block of houses fully involved to get a response like this.

We even had the Chanel Nine helicopter coming in to see, what? All the fire and police resources of the southern half of the county converged on the scene of one apparently minor house fire?

No comments: