Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Eggrolls





I made crab rangoon again, too, but mainly I was trying my hand at eggrolls. I think next time I make crab rangoon, I'll try using the larger wonton wrappers they sell for eggrolls. Pretty sure that's what restaurant crab rangoon uses, using the little wontons you end up with bite-size units.






I got lazy and instead of shredding my own cabbage & whatnot, I bought the broccoli slaw stuff in a bag.






Crab Eggrolls

12 oz. broccoli slaw mix
6 oz. diced imitation crab meat
14 oz. finely diced tofu
2 eggs
6 finely chopped green onions
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. ground white pepper
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Mix it all up and fold into eggroll wrappers, fry for five minutes in 350ºF peanut oil, drain on a rack and serve. The directions on the back of a package of eggroll wrapers are perfect for how to roll & fold it, gluing it shut with some beaten egg, by the way.








I had eggroll filling leftover, so after I made the crab rangoon, I used the rest of my little wontons to make miniature eggrolls.









Fortunately the eggrolls should freeze well. I can't eat a whole bunch of them at a go, delicious though they are. So I put them in individual snack baggies. That way I can take one or two out of the freezer to take with me in my lunch to work. Not quite the same as fresh out of the peanut oil, but eggrolls do better leftover than crab rangoon by a wide margin.

No comments: