Search Lobsterland

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Been Too Long



I rode 12.7 miles today. Outside. On streets. I got crowded by a car, honked at a couple times. It was everything I hoped it could be.

Every time I passed another cyclist or jogger or even when I found myself side by side with a motorcycle at a stop sign, I said something like 'It's spring!' I should have borrowed a line from Jake Johannsen and just shouted, 'I am happy!'

I've definitely lost some of what I built up last fall. The past five or six weeks, that spin class was the only hard workout I did, and I'm not sure it didn't cause the nerve inflammation in my left hip that's kept me off the trainer ever since. But it seems to have finally subsided, and you can't lose as much fitness in seven weeks as you can in seven years, so I'm still way ahead of where I was last June.

No comments: