Search Lobsterland

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Magic Shine



I borrowed my brother's Magic Shine bike light a couple weeks ago for a rained out Trek recovery ride.

I still had it with me and I knew it'd get dusk/dark before I got back from my ride so I strapped it on. Wow.



It's cheap, about a third the price of any competing light. So cheap they don't bother to put a brand name on the box, labeling it simply, 'Bicycle Light.'



It's one of the brightest on the market and it's a bit over $80. You can't touch another one this bright for less than $200 last I checked.



I want two before next fall's fully dark riding season: one for the helmet, one for the handlebars.



The before/after pictures are my regular Wal-Mart light (before) followed by the Magic Shine 900 lumen dirt cheap, made in China light.

No comments: