Search Lobsterland

Friday, April 10, 2009

Steak, Rockets & Such


I met someone a few months back and I was gonna cook her dinner but one thing and another it never happened. And she moved to another city, and hard to do the long distance relationship when it's not even a relationship yet.


What A Perfect Evening to Launch from Chixulub on Vimeo.

But anyway, I realized I had these two ribeyes in the freezer, and I found a t-bone on sale to make the third stake and had that steak dinner with my daughters. Which was the thing to do, they both love a medium rare steak (I missed the chance for a photo, but at one point I looked over to Mo and noticed a little droplet of blood leaking down her chin like she was a vampire. It might have been gross but it wasn't because she was so obviously enjoying her meal.



Mo, in fact, was good for a 16 oz. ribeye, a large-ish baked potato and at least ten stalks of asparagus (grilled with the steaks, drizzled in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic). In other words, she ate me under the table. And she'd eaten something like half a loaf of bread while I cooked. Fortunately she's still growing in healthy ways, not just sideways like her old man.





After dinner, we headed to Celebration Park. A wonderland. Sandloaders, swings, etc. And of course we launched rockets. I don't have much in the working fleet: the whole garage band thing has distracted me from finishing construction and repairs. But that's okay, since I've been on reduced hours for awhile, I am in no position to buy motors. I'm flying on motors I bought months ago, before I was participating in the recession. Aerotech has rolled out sweet deal on some D & E composite motors and RMS casings/reloads, but I can't (responsibly) take advantage of it.

No comments: