Search Lobsterland

Saturday, April 04, 2009

GT-5



This is a loaner from a bandmate. And what a mate, because this baby is amazing.

Crazy part is, it's a century out of date. I think Boss is up to the GT-10 now, so this is five models back, probably made back when we were worried about Y2K.

And I still think it will take me a year to learn half of what it can do. I found out quite a bit this evening, playing with it for about two hours. Found some useful settings for some of the tunes our little band is playing, found some gadgets I never would have expected, found out Em can't stand it.

Sure, I could play through headphones, but I won't. First off, I need to find amp/pedal settings that will work in the band setting, and no way am I going to figure that shit out without plugging in to my amp.

Besides that, Mo periodically came over to rub my scalp stubble, and when I would ask her if she wanted me to put away the guitar, she'd say, 'No no.' (She always says 'no' twice these days.) When I'd ask, night-meds and get ready for bed or more guitar, she'd sing, 'More guitar!!!'

So one kid liked my noise, the other hated it. And I was having fun, so there went the tie-breaker.

No comments: