Search Lobsterland

Friday, April 17, 2009

Almost Famous

I was laying out the KC Spectrum this week, and we had an awesome cover photo.



But then, last minute, there was uncertainty about whether all the proper permissions were in order. There's an Autism Walk tomorrow, and we had to go to press today, no matter what. While jets were scrambled to make sure the planned cover photo could be used, I was asked if I might have a summer shot of Mo that would work.



Well, really, where would I even begin? On the down side, they're all snap shots taken with a pocket camera, my Canon PowerShot. On the plus side, they all had adequate resolution for print and through a combination of shotgun technique and study, I get some really, really good snap shots.



So I lined up a few choices. At least we'd know we had the photographer's and the parent's blessing, right?

I think my favorite is the one with the girls on the carnival ride.



All of which became academic when clearance came with mere minutes to spare for the original cover photo to be used.

Ah well.

No comments: