Search Lobsterland

Friday, December 19, 2008

Procrastination Trophy

I have one customer at work who designed his holiday card back in July. He wanted it squared away and on file ahead of time.

Everyone else, it seems, waited until the last minute. Except for a bunch of them who waited until way, way past the last minute.

Six days before Christmas and there are still people coming in saying, 'I know it's kind of last minute.'

Kind of? The last minute was awhile back. You can't even see the last minute from here.

So what I want is to get a trophy made, the Procrastination Champion. Then when someone comes in half an hour before we close on Christmas Eve and wants to know if they can still get Christmas Cards, I can say, 'No, but here's your trophy.'

Thing is, I'm finally working in earnest on the calendar I'm giving to a few relatives. This weekend I have to finish it and be ready to print proofs and do color corrections come Monday. I may be in the bindery Christmas Eve again, putting the finishing touches on.

It seems that as much as I like to make fun of people who didn't realize we were having Christmas again this year, I'm also a hypocrite.

No comments: