Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boot To the Head!



For the record, I doubt I agree with this character about much once you get past the subject of George W. Bush. But I admire his little stunt immensely, and even after a couple of days it makes me smile just thinking about it.

Because dig: if you're pissed off at someone who is incredibly powerful and amazingly well protected, what can you do? March in a protest? Write your Congressman?

Please.



Throwing your shoes at him is perfect: it's non-lethal so there's no risk you're making a new martyr for the other side. Plus, you'll avoid the worst the legal system can muster. If Hinkley had thrown his shoes at Reagan, he'd be a free man today.

It's concise, unambiguous and virtually impossible to prevent. What, are press conferences going to be stocking-feet affairs from now on? I doubt it. Even if I was daft enough to like W. and approve of his almost entirely terrible reign, I'd have to tip my hat to Muntadar al-Zeidi.



And for the news reports that this is a special insult in Iraq, well, maybe. And I know I'm not the first to ask, but in what country is throwing your footwear at a guy some sort of praise?



Personally, I wouldn't mind giving W. a lifetime supply of ice cream. Flavor? Boot to the head!

No comments: