Search Lobsterland

Monday, December 01, 2008

My Kingdom for a 5D

I've wanted a Canon 5D Mark II for longer than there has been a Canon 5D Mark II.

Besides being a stellar dSLR, it's also a HD video camera.

And this, Your Honor, is why I had to rob that bank...


Xmas in the Park from Chixulub on Vimeo.

I burned my last vacation day this year today, in part to hear my daughter sing the National Anthem at a school basketball game.

Gymnasiums seem so bright, but there's really pathetic quantities of light in terms of getting a full exposure. This one blurry picture, believe it or not, is the hero shot of what I got. It's pitiful, I know.



So then I had a second opportunity to wish for professional camera gear when my daughter was singing again, later in the same day. Granted, this time in a mass with every other public school student in town in a dark park, but hey.



A guy next to me kept trying to get pictures with his pocket camera and he was using the flash. Meaning he got the three people right in front of him. I told him he might have better luck without the flash, which is true, but then I noticed when he turned the flash off, the indicator in the corner said it was using a four second shutter to get the shot.

Four seconds isn't much time unless you're trying to hold a camera still. Then it might as well be a Presidential term.



Ah well. I guess it would only truly matter if someone other than me cared whether I got the shot.


No comments: