Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Trout

I grilled a couple of the trout from the Bennett trip last night. I had three thawed, but Em went to a pizza party and I only cooked two of them.



They grilled up perfectly. I tried to ask Mo if she wanted the head off or left on, but I could tell she didn't get the question. I opted for beheading because I feared she wouldn't eat a fish that looked at her.



Then I realized, she's not careful enough at eating to let her eat it straight off the bones. I'd have to pull the meat off anything I didn't want her to eat, so it really didn't matter.

I had de-boned the first fish and realized she had eaten the whole first fish and was still looking for more. I could probably have cooked all five fish int he freezer and been lucky to get more than the three bites I got before it was all over.



For afters, we had what will probably be the last watermelon of 2007: a puny little thing, though not bad, and the rind was thin so it actually had some edible flesh inside.

No comments: