Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

$193 Budgie

My furnace wouldn't come on. At all.

I did everything I knew to do to fix a furnace, which is to say I cussed at it. I actually got the panel off to relight the pilot light, but I couldn't figure out where it was. Then I saw the warning to never, ever, try lighting the pilot on this furnace because it has an electronic ignition.

So I call the HVAC people. I can tolerate a 59ºF home, really, but I know it's a matter of time until that's a 39ºF house, and that's cold even for Lobsters.

So the guy comes and about thirty seconds after he gets here, he's found the problem. A bird got int he flu and died, falling into the fan.

$63 to come out to my house; $130 to remove a dead animal from the furnace (even though the guy was only here twenty minutes, so the flat rate book must assume we're talking about a bloated raccoon corpse).



One expensive bird.

No comments: