Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sneakers

Em's been complaining that she needs new shoes for awhile. Partly, I think, fueled by her fixation on this one pair she'd seen at the Stuff-Mart.

Both girls' shoes were looking pretty care worn, so I decided to try getting them new ones. The model Em was set on was too expensive, except it wasn't. It was marked down for clearance.

Before we found the shoes Em wanted in her size, I'd found a couple others to try on Mo, but when I'd ask her if she liked them, she'd say 'no.' I eventually asked her if she liked any of the shoes in the store, and she said 'no' to that as well.

When we found these shoes Em wanted so badly in her size and on close-out, I spotted a pair in Mo's size, and got her to try it on. This time, when I asked her if she liked the shoes, she said 'yes,' so it was a done deal. She must have really, really, liked them to admit it like that.



But I could see headaches in the future when we go to get ready and they have identical shoes a half size apart. So I bought a set of laces and strung Mo's pair up with them so we can tell them apart at a glance. I am truly a genius.

No comments: