Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Border War




So after the whole pizza party thing, we went to a friend's house for dinner. This was sort of a Border War party, with KU-MU being played. Usually KU-MU is the Toilet Bowl, and no one cares. But this year, with them being #2 and #3 and the #1 LSU losing the day before, it was the hot game.



I was pulling for KU because they were undefeated and I like the idea of an undefeated national champ. But damned if MU didn't outplay them. It actually turned out to be a game, by the time I got home and caught the end of it. When I left the party it was looking like an MU blowout. Something the Jayhawks could take in stride on a normal, 'why do you have a football program again?' year.



I mean, the Jayhawks haven't had a team like this since the plains were black with buffalo.



So now I hope MU wins it all. Nobody expected it, and it's not likely to happen again.




And anway, the party was fun. I thought I'd caught Julie eating a hamburger, which is almost as impossible as KU being in the running for a national championship in football. Turns out, it was a turkey burger, though I don't think she knew it. I also caught her holding a baby and playing with a toddler, so it appears the apocalypse is still on...

No comments: