Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pumpkin Veins

Okay, I've learned to follow the can labels scrupulously to avoid this kind of shit. Some paints can be recoated anytime, others require you to either recoat very soon or wait awhile. Worst case, within an hour or after seven days, though within an hour or after 24 hours is more common. You also find within 3 hours or after 72 hours.



So here I am putting clear coat on Punk Rock(et) Girl and The Great Pumpkin Rides Again, though they looked pretty good without it. I almost didn't try to seal up Punk Rock(et) Girl, for fear of what the underlying spray paint and the brush acrylics I splattered on her would do. But she sealed up great.

And when it works great, you get a rocket that looks like it's encased in glass.

Then there's The Great Pumpkin Rides Again, and it went from a passably smooth finish with moderate gloss to having more wrinkles than a nudist assisted living facility.

I re-read the cans, and the Rustoleum 'Real Orange' says to recoat within an hour or after 24, and it was over 24 hours when I masked it and put the black on last night; and a good 24 hours since the black went on before the clearcoat was flowing.

I'm thinking I'll just fly him wrinkles and all at this point. Sanding it smooth and repainting, maybe over the winter...

No comments: