Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Rigatoni Black Bean Burger Alfredo

Okay, Mo was hot to eat pasta again. When she discovered the giant, 24oz thing of Parmesan in the fridge Wednesday, she asked for pasta, and I made fettucine.

When I got them home Friday evening for dinner and asked what was wanted for dinner, she grabbed the Parmesan from the fridge again and said, 'Pasta with shakey cheese, please.'



Well, when it's as hard as it is to get complete sentences out of the kid, what's a Dad to do?

I tossed the rigatoni (which turned out a perfect al dente because I thought to cook it a minute less than the time listed on the box rather than trying to rinse it to arrest the cooking) in Alfredo, and loaded it up with Paremsan for Mo. Then I dressed up the remainder for myself.



I nuked a couple of veggie burgers, spicy black bean ones, and minced them up and tossed them with the pasta. Pretty good stuff. Served with some tasty Brussels sprouts.



I know I should discourage Mo from treating Rigatoni Alfredo as finger food, but it was too cute when she figured out how perfectly they fit her fingers.

No comments: