Search Lobsterland

Friday, October 05, 2007

Ren Fest Videos

I took videos with my camera, too. Because I could.

Here's a full length performance of Curvy Girls. I wish I'd thought to video the new song, I'm in Cider, which is the Jolly Rogers' finest ribald original to date.

The pirate with the resonator guitar once unwittingly co-founded the Lobsterism movement, by the way.



And yeah, I like curvy girls. Tall curvy girls, well...I just wanna date the (Title IX) basketball team...

These videos have been compromised down a bit. Blogger has been good enough to make it much, much easier to embed videos than it once was, but that 100MB limit is tricky when you're upwards of three minutes playing time. Take it from 30fps to 15fps, that does a lot. I usually upload a 400x300 pixel video because the column width I use is 400 pixels wide (I size my photos the same way). The default with Blogger's upload is 320x240, so I conceded to that for this as well.

I also got a brief video of the joust, which to my amazement did not interest my daughters int he slightest. I figured at least Mo would be interested in the horses. But they weren't having it.




I also got Mo on the Pirate Plunge being flung about. Seems like she got flung higher and for longer last year. I just wish I could go on it. They have a 200 lb weight limit, and I haven't been that light since maybe my junior year of high school.



On these shorter videos, by the way, I left it at 30fps, though I still went down to 320x240 for the size. Can you tell a difference in the video/sound quality?

And who doesn't love to be spun around in a rickety wooden barrel?

No comments: