Search Lobsterland

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Dark Side




Mo's school musical was great. The pictures suck, though.

The Feebster is great. Em had him last year for the same thing. He really gets the kids to perform, and Em still tells stories about him.

Mo was in the center back, which is to say the dark.

I couldn't figure it: new school, brand new facility. Yet the two spots were fixed at the outside majority of the grandstand but they didn't move. Didn't even flinch. The house lights were up through the show, which was distracting and irritating, but what was worse, my kid was in the dark

The kids with speaking parts, they were mostly in the shadows too. And if my kid was one with speaking parts, maybe I couldn't have held it together.



After it was over, I asked the principal. I almost didn't, because I was so angry I worried that I'd say things I shouldn't.

He said they were still learning things about the lights. But that it was a great show.



I never have had that knack, the leader who can run on pure bullshit. Like he couldn't have figured out a few things about the lighting in rehearsals. And he's good at it, because I walked away as if he'd given me any satisfaction.




At least before it was over, they all sat down so I could get a shot of Mo technically on the riser.

No comments: