Search Lobsterland

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gross

I saw a poster advertising this stuff, and I about threw up in my mouth. I'm not a big fan of Bud to begin with, it tastes too much like advertising (which is it's primary ingredient). And I've never been a fan of 'red beer.'

This was so gross, I decided to try it. It's that dare impulse, the thing that made me try brain sandwiches at Dave & Jay's Back Door Brains Steaks & Chicken.

Imagine my surprise when I liked it.



It's not really like drinking beer. You can taste tomato, clams, salt, to be sure, but not beer. However, it's refreshing and very drinkable. It turns out the advertising geniuses at Anheuser-Busch have decided this is the way to get flavor into the glass. Pity they never thought of using malt instead of rice, using hops in perceptible quantities, etc.

I don't know it's worth buying: it's as expensive as proper beer, so why I'd buy this instead of a nice Boulevard Pale, I can't imagine.

No comments: