Search Lobsterland

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Close Call

So we launched a rocket or two Friday evening. It was so obscenely nice out, but daylight was fading fast.



Thor's Candycane and Chief Broom both had good flights, and I finished up with Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby, my two-stager. I went with a C6-0 to B6-6 combo, and this was a mistake. He almost hit the ground before his parachute deployed. Almost, but I think a B6-2 would have been a more appropriate second stage. Or a C6-5, there wasn't any wind really.



So I go to find him, and I'm afraid he's in the basement of some soon-to-be-completed tract house. They're already messing up my rocket field with houses. Houses I couldn't afford and wouldn't want to live in because they are kissing-close to the railroad tracks.



But no, KKTFSB lands in a puddle. I thought he was ruined at first, but it turns out he'd landed just-so, and no water seems to have soaked in to the paper tubing. The parachute was pretty soaked, but it seems to have dried well on my work bench.


No comments: