Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Tattoos: A Big Commitment

I’ve wanted a tat ever since I knew what hey were. Had an uncle with a naked lady on his forearm who would boogie if he flexed his fist.

But what to get? It’s permanent, and when I was still 18 or 19, I worked with a guy who got Bart Simpson on his delt with a balloon that said, ‘Underachiever, and Proud of It.’

Yeah, that’s something you’ll be proud of when you’re 70.

But my buckaroo lobster, the one Roj drew for me, maybe that. Lobsters have been fixed in my psyche for decades, the logo itself is over 15 years old, so maybe that’s my design....

Frau Lobster is all for it. It’s an excuse for her to get her second tattoo. When we met, I don’t think she EVER figured she’d get marked up, and I was the opposite, wanting marked but not knowing what with.

As far as ‘trendy’ goes, in what group? I think the fact that I’ve noticed it is proof that the ‘fad’ is over, so I’d be a retro-wannabe at best.

2 comments:

lizmo said...

Oh get the Lobster tattoo. That's my vote.

lizmo said...

Oh get the Lobster tattoo. That's my vote.