Search Lobsterland

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ready to Eat

Fancy Dirt responded to my last post that Mo might be signaling for French Toast when she eats frozen fish sticks dipped in syrup, but maybe I should elaborate.

There is a list of foods Mo prefers straight from the freezer. If you nuke it, bake it, otherwise 'cook' it, it's inedible as far as she's concerned. The trick is keeping her from things like raw chicken that would actually be dangerous to eat. The list of things she'll eat (often a bag/box at a shot) frozen is pretty long, and includes, but is not limited to:

Brussels Sprouts
Frozen Broccoli (dubbed 'snow broccoli')
Snap Peas
Chicken Nuggets
Fish Sticks (with or without faux maple syrup)
Chocolate Chips (and any other sweet like cake or cookies you tried to hide in the freezer)
Cauliflower
Carrots
Asparagus

She also grazes on ice cubes at times. It's better than eating crayons, chewing weather stripping and other 'non-edible' items she seems determined to prove 'edible.'

4 comments:

Fancy Dirt said...

For some reason your entries jog long buried memories to the surface. One is the multicolored-crayon-poop-log I found in my yard a few decades ago, when we had a dog who ate some of my son's crayons. The rain had washed away everything but the fused bits of crayon. I knew I should have saved it, but who could have forseen the creation of eBay?

Chixulub said...

Well, don't overestimate the eBay potential. Before Mo toilet trained, I changed many diapers containing turds that appeared to be entirely composed of 64 colors of wax.

The eBay market is not, in my experience, good for Crayola Turds. I did wonder if I mightn't get a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts to display some of the better catches...

j_ay said...

I did wonder if I mightn't get a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts to display some of the better catches...

And or turn your home into a museum (charge admission, of course) and display the Miraculous Crayon-PooPoo that looks uncannily like [insert your favourite fictional “deity” here]!!

Chixulub said...

My house should be the museum of 'Remodel With a Bulldozer.'