Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mel Live at Korruption

I didn't think I was going to make it to this gig, it was the same night as Em's play.



But I really wanted to. Then, after the Three O'Clock ride, some night photography on a defunct train bridge, on the way home through the West Bottoms I realized it was going on right over there.



Originally, I was going to Em's play that night, but when we decided to go to the Sunday matinee instead, I'd forgotten about the Somebodies show.

It was good fun, a sixties revival band really. To my astonishment, the bassist who summarily dismissed the notion of playing any song that could be taken as pro drug is in a band that plays White Rabbit and closes with Sweet Leaf. I had to rib her about it, too.



I miss having a band, and I miss seeing Melissa every week, but I sure don't miss that drive out to Independence. And I don't know when I would practice with the other things I have going on these days.

No comments: