Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Avant Gardening



I stopped to check out this community garden on Broadway on the way home the other day. There's another cool one on West Pennway, but the thing that blows me away about this ultra-modern urban farm is how completely transformed downtown had to become in order for something like this to happen.



I mean, when I was in high school, you couldn't even buy drugs in downtown Kansas City. You'd have needed at least a few people for something like that to happen.



Not as many as it takes to do a good community garden, but enough people to use a plural pronoun like 'them' instead of 'him.'

1 comment:

Liz @ Creative Liberty said...

I know what you mean about downtown KCMO being devoid of humanity in our younger days. Love this garden - beautiful and practical!