Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lewis & Clark Go Wading



Kaw Point on April 16, 2011. It's maybe 100 feet from Lewis & Clark to the shore. And that shore is probably 20 to 30 feet below their feet in terms of elevation. These are just my uneducated guesses, but the explorers are high and dry.



I didn't have my tripod with me, so bear with me on this second shot I tried the other night when we checked out Kaw Point on the way home. I was standing on the big stone blocks that are arranged as theater seats in the park, up the hill from the explorers. Those rocks were basically stepping stones, the water was that high.

Postscript 7/18/11:


I met Corinna on the secret bridge under I-70 and we rode around the corner to Kaw Point while it was still light out. We didn't want to barge in on a couple who were having a tender moment down by the water but I got this, somewhat better shot of the explorers.



A fisherman came by us and crashed the romantic couple's party anyway. And given that the whole area smells like ass, I don't know who'd bring a date there. Well, maybe I can think of one or two people...

No comments: