Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rainbow Pizza



I seriously don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.





I tried to dye the Easter cookies and failed, but the neon food coloring was still by my trusty pre-1963 KitchenAid, and I thought, well, my pizza dough is mainly white flour so what could mess with the color?





First I told Em we could start a pizzeria and call it Play Doh Pizza, because that's what it looks like.



But I'd probably have to pay royalties to use that name.



So I thought, well, Rainbow Pizza.





The green looked coolest as raw dough, the blue looked best as a finished pizza. The 'pink' crust on the pepperoni came out more magenta than anything else.





And to make sure the variety theme was carried through, I made four pizzas: prosciutto & black olive with Alfredo sauce; Pepperoni Monomaniac Pie with Alfredo; jalapeƱo with Alfredo/pesto and Fish Guts (smoked oysters and tinned anchovies) with Alfredo/pesto.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!