Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Guy Ate Here




Ken Braiterman wanted to have Kansas City Barbecue before he returned to Baltimore. I guess it's fair, I'd want to meet John Waters if I was there.



Wood Yard Barbecue was on the way back to Corinna's crib, and it's a place that has been on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives, a TV show I actually like. It's been a day or two since I've seen it (haven't had the tube on since the Super Bowl).



The burnt ends were quite good, though the prices were on the high side. No worse than Gates, Arthur Bryant's or Jack's Stack, but I wondered if they were a buck or two less per pound before Guy tagged their wall.

We also nabbed some Boulevard Pale Ale so Ken would get a taste of that other Kansas City signature taste, the fantastic beer from that truly world-class brewery.



On the way back to Corinna's, we identified the source of a yeasty smell we got on Metropolitan the other day. And met a group of kids who were having way too much fun for having less than one bike per person and no helmets.

No comments: