Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bike to Work Week

I'm not too impressed with the event, I bike to work every week, as much as other responsibilities permit. Average two to three round trips, which shaves about 120-180 miles off my car's odometer.

And since I've started doing that, lots of other errands get done on the bike. My rough estimate is I'm not driving about 800 miles a month that I used to while getting the same amount of shit done.

Anyway, one of the alternate routes I tried to get back to Corinna's house, I saw a sign directing me to Thomas Hart Benton's house. Not the political hack, the artist.



The joint was closed but I took this shot of my bike in front of Benton's across-the-street neighbor. I wonder, how many McMansion owners out in JoCo have ever even seen the Valentine neighborhood to see what conspicuous consumption looks like when you combine it with some taste?

1 comment:

Liz @ Creative Liberty said...

Valentine was always one of my favorite KCMO neighborhoods. There's a nifty little park in that vicinity, too.