Search Lobsterland

Friday, November 11, 2011

Patch Party

I usually try to ride with at least three spare tubes. But I'd been falling behind on patching tubes, meaning every time I was getting flats, I was having to buy a tube or two to make sure I was covered.


Corinna, too. She hadn't realized how low she was getting on tubes for her mountain bike until we came off a levy and she'd picked up punctures in both tires and had only one spare tube in her pack.


So we were way overdue to have a patch party. I think we patched tubes for about an hour, not sure how many tubes that yielded. But you figure a patch costs around a quarter (and is way easier to put on in the basement than out on the side of the road), and a new tube costs around five bucks. So we saved ourselves probably $50 or $60 passing a pleasant hour at home on a cold and rainy night.

No comments: