Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Partying @ Boulevard

Corinna took me to Kansas City's Got Talent at the Boulevard Brewery. It was a corporate talent show, and really I wasn't expecting much talent to be on show, but I figured the food and beer would be good.


The talent show was actually quite good. Some of the companies participating were big enough to have company talent shows to decide who would represent them here.


The facility itself is amazing. Boulevard was already a Kansas City institution, but when they built what Stephen Pauels calls the 'big ass brewhouse,' they also built to large banquet facilities with taps and full kitchens. There was a deck we could walk out on to see the city, and you can see down into the brewery.


And on the deck, you can smell the boiling wort from the latest batch going in the coppers below.


I wasn't disappointed in the food or the beer. Houlihan's catered it, a variety of finger-food comestibles. I would have thought that mini-Chicago dogs and sliders, by nature, would lead to a bit of portion control. But I think I ate more than I would have because it didn't seem like pigging out to have just one or two more...


I'd been out on the bike all day, and it was a very blustery day, so that probably contributed to my overindulgence.


And of course there were taps of Boulevard's fine products. I might or might not have lacked portion control on that stuff, too. I certainly didn't feel intoxicated when we left, but it was one sluggish ride home.

No comments: