Search Lobsterland

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Way Too Close

I'm getting over the whole snow is beautiful phase here, I've had it. Besides the fact I'm thawing the pipe for the hot water going to the kitchen again (my kids didn't get the memo that I left that thing dripping on purpose), I'm sick of driving in this shit. If I wanted to live in Fargo, I'd move to Fargo.

I'm driving down I-35 this morning, after getting stuck in the snow before I got to the highway. Come to think of it, stuck twice, there was the driveway fiasco.

And I see a car turn sideways in the lane up ahead of me. Way up ahead of me, but still. It bounced into the center wall and then into a pickup in the center lane, and I commenced to braking...

I honestly don't know how many cars were in the pileup, I just know I got my car stopped right before I'd have been a full fledged member.

My car was in the shop, so I was in my Dad's car, which luckily for me is a much nicer car, one with fancy anti-lock brakes that let you keep control of the vehicle while stopping you a lot more effectively than any foot pumping you could do.

No comments: