Search Lobsterland

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pizza Party



After the relatives party, a couple of Em's BFFs came for pizza.



I'm getting better at the hand-tossed thing. Don't even own a rolling pin these days, the one I had was splitting and worn out, so I chucked it. I came close to buying a new one, and I'm sure I will eventually because there are somethings you just need to roll out, but if you start with a good dough ball, it's easy to spin a good pie crust with just your hands. Centrifugal force stretches it super thin int he middle and leaves a lip of thicker rust around the edges to help hold stuff one coming on and off the stone.




You do get flour all over yourself, but that's just part of making pizza.

There was cake and ice cream after, too. Ben & Jerry's had been on a pretty good sale, so it wasn't any ordinary ice cream, either.




I'm stunned at how much racket three kids can make with just their voices. It's not the first time I've experienced it with this group, and you ad Mo to the mix and it's like the four horsemen of some joyful apocalypse are in my kitchen.



I know three pizzas is overkill for a party this size. But the leftovers are so good, and you can have some variety, though in this instance the variation wasn't all that astounding. Lots of times I'll mix it up, using different cheeses and sauces on each pie, but these all three had alfredo sauce and mozarella, and they all had meat, one a prosciutto & black olive (Em's fave), one a pepperoni (Mo's fave), and one a hot Italian sausage and jalapeƱo (I noticed the sausage in the freezer and it sounded good).



What I can't figure out, why am I so tired?

No comments: