Search Lobsterland

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Fly Me To the Moon



How long has it been since we've been to Moon Marble? Days, several days. Bruce saw me and Mo walk into the demonstration and said, 'Haven't seen you since last year.'





Last time we were there, I'd left my camera's card in the USB drive over my 'puter, and Mo had spent the whole demonstration bugging me to take pictures. This time, she had the camera she got for Christmas, and I remembered my card.








I shoot a lot of pictures. I was surprised leaving the New Year's Eve party I went to with a friend to realize I'd put my camera in my pocket and forgot it the whole night. Didn't take one picture of the handsomest (and friendliest) Doberman Pincer I've ever seen or anything.







Here's Bruce's big jar of little marbles, next to his little jar of little marbles.












I think I need an Angry Mob play set.




I'd love to see this on a real wedding cake. Not my own, of course.





I love wasabi, but wasabi lip balm???


I won't claim to love corn dogs, but corn dog lip balm and/or corn dog flavored 'mints,' these are more like a cry for help than a product you'd want to buy.


Mo, though, I think she's training for the Shutterbug Olympics or something. I knew she was clicking away, but when I put her card in the reader and iPhoto started it's little import, I found she had shot 488 pictures in less than an hour.


Most are blurry, many are bizarrely composed, there's a one of self-portraits. Don't give this kid a gun unless you want to wipe out a village or something.

Mo's Photos from Moon Marble from Chixulub on Vimeo.



I know I have my stills here on the blog, too many of them. Rather than trying to select a few of Mo's photos, I made this movie out of them all strung together. I think maybe she's on to a new art form or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have stumbled upon a new art form, between Mo's pics and your setting them to music. Pretty interesting!