Search Lobsterland

Friday, May 15, 2009

Kegging Ugly



This is the batch of beer I brewed a few weeks back. Ugly American Stout.

Hard to tell from the hydrometer sample, but I think I hit my target more or less. I'm not a big one for clone brews, and this is the first time I've ever tried to repeat a recipe more or less exactly. My 100th batch, so maybe I'm becoming a different brewer...



No, probably not.



But the idea is something in the same zip code as Sierra Nevada Stout. Bitter, relatively strong, with a huge cascade nose and hop flavor. By Rager method it calculates to 254 IBUs, though the physical limit of isomerization as I understand it is about 100 IBUs.

Each keg is dosed with an ounce of Cascade dry hops, in a hop bag to keep little petals from the flowers out of the works in the keg.



About 7.5% ABV, roughly 100 IBUs (or more if that's possible), I think I could get rid of this in an alarmingly short period of time...

No comments: