Search Lobsterland

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Friend of Mine



I saw a thing in the paper yesterday about AutoTune, the software that the recording industry has embraced the past few years to correct the pitchy voices of singers hired primarily for their looks. My friend Autumn, though, apparently doesn't need it. Just a condenser mic on a camera and she's good to go.

This is probably my least favorite Bob Dylan song ever, but I sure dig this version. Someone needs to get this chick a record deal, because if it sounds this good in a lo-fi recording, it'd sound fantabulous in a proper studio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you pasted that. I like the back-up guy too. Great arrangment of a great song. It's good to see some new life breathed into a Bob Dylan song that far too many people know as a G'nR song. I'm sure that if Bob hears this, he'll be proud

Autumn said...

Oh my goodness. THANK YOU, Rod! I know you have selective taste, so that's a huge compliment coming from you. Definitely no AutoTune here. :) Thanks for posting. You'll be hearing more soon.