Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grilled Salmon



With steamed broccoli & basmati rice. Garnished with alfalfa sprouts, a dab of Hmong oyster sauce on the side.

I almost set the fish on fire. I was out of pan spray, and since Costco's salmon is skinless for some reason (I'd prefer to cook it on the skin), I have to put it on foil, and if you don't coat the foil the fish sticks.

So I poured a little olive oil on the foil and tried to spread it thinly and evenly. But it was a lot more oil than what would be there with pan spray.

When I went to get the fish off the grill, some of the oil ran off the foil onto the coils and burst into flames. This ignited the oil on the foil as I was trying to transfer it all to a tray. It was a miracle I didn't drop the whole flaming mess onto the driveway.

No comments: