Search Lobsterland

Monday, May 25, 2009

Been Ages Since I Had Pizza (Okay, Not Ages)







Dictates of my children's palates, tonight. I made a pepperoni-Alfredo pie for Mo and me to share (mozzarella and some parmesan/5 cheese shreds), and a bacon-black olive-Alfredo for me and Em.



I had a piece of each and figured what we didn't eat tonight would be leftovers for lunch the next couple days.



I've learned a new trick from Alton Brown, how to make the pizza dough into a better ball. As you're shaping, move your hands together under the ball, turning it. The dough ball comes out much better, and you get a rounder pizza. I haven't gotten a perfect sphere yet, maybe there's another trick for me yet to learn.



I'm going to try Alton's recipe once I find the 'instant' yeast he raves about. The one I've been playing with the past eleven batches is great, but if his turns out better...

Em doesn't really want to help, but she likes to keep up appearances by getting flour all over herself.

No comments: