Search Lobsterland

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Blowin' In The Wind



We did the Nelson today. Well, part of it. The outdoor part, mainly. It was too indecently pleasant outside, and the winter has been far too long and immoderate, to spend the day inside.





Well, according to Em I'm a mean father because I didn't allow her to stay home and watch Disney Channel and play with her friend down the street. Yep. I'm an ogre.





There was supposed to be a KCAR rocket launch at Shawnee Mission Park, but it was called on account of wind. And then some. When we got to the Nelson, this sculpture caught my eye. I've seen it before, but I don't think I ever realized it moved with the wind.



We did go into the Bloch addition to get out of the wind. Which was fun, though Em was stressing because Mo's verbal stimming got a bit wild. The echo of the place made it seem worse, but at one point Em whined, 'Daddy, make her stop that!'





Would that I could.





Still, it was good to see old friends like Heineken and Central Savings, paintings that made big impressions on me was a kid, but that I hadn't seen in years before the Boch addition because the Nelson was just out of room for everything. IMHO they could have done a more thorough job of rotating what was on display over the past few years, but all is forgiven.





I tried to do the Thinker pose, but I realize now I had my elbow on the wrong leg. Crap.



No comments: