Search Lobsterland

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vacation

Okay, so tomorrow morning me and the honyocks are headed to...Kansas.

I know, we're already in Kansas. But we're going to visit the world's largest ball of twine, the underground salt museum, the Cosmosphere, the Splashdown Waterpark...

Trying to prep Mo for this, I was talking about it and she kept saying 'Stop!'

Tucking her in tonight, she's mellowing out in her PJs, covered in guys, rubbing my scalp stubble, and I asked, 'Are you nervous about the vacation?'

'Yesss,' she said. And I could tell, this was one of those rare times when communication is solid.

I started telling her about all the things we'd do: eat in restaurants, ride in a car, with Sissy and Dad and Grandpa Calvin, and we'd sleep in motels and see a ball of twine big enough you could live in it and so on, and then I thought...

And we'll come back in a few days. We'll be gone at least Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Maybe Monday and even into Tuesday, but I have to be at work Wednesday morning, and we're coming home by then.

Finally I asked, 'Are you less nervous knowing we'll be coming home?' and again, Mo said with perfectly clarity, 'Yessss.'

And she went to sleep. Wish us luck?

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Bless her heart.

Sid Leavitt said...

Ditto.