Search Lobsterland

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Lasagna Extra



This is lasagna, or maybe it isn't. It's lasagna with something extra.





The 'extra' starts with the meat: hamburger is distressingly bland, so I used Cosentino's Hot Italian Sausage.





I also used whole wheat lasagna noodles to stave off the guilt the sausage inspires.



Oh, and with the onions and garlic, I sauteed some baby portabellas, which is definitely an 'extra' for lasagna. I used red onion, not because I wanted to, but because the yellow onion I had on hand had seen better days. Red onion is a bad choice for cooking because it's already sweet, and the cooking process sweetens onion. Cooked red onion tends to come off bland. But better than no onion at all.





30 oz. of part-skim ricotta, a bunch of shredded mozzarella...



Oh, and sauce: I used about half a jar of Alfredo (what was left form the pizzas) and most of a jar of Prego green pepper & mushroom.



Baked the whole mess for 45 minutes at 350ºF. Pretty decent.

No comments: